[Lazarus] Codetools fails to compile under WinCE

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Apr 26 12:10:58 CEST 2014

On Sat, 26 Apr 2014 12:25:45 +0300
patspiper <patspiper at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> SQLDB package uses codetools,

As far as I can see SQLDB is a designtime package. It registers property
editors in the IDE. You don't need it at runtime.
Maybe its type should be changed, so that the IDE does not compile it
into projects.

> and thus whenever it is included in a
> WinCE project the following error pops up upon compilation:
>
> .../lazarus-svn/components/codetools/fileprocs.pas(287,10) Error:
> Forward declaration not solved
> "dbgMemRange(PByte;LongInt;LongInt="0"):AnsiString;"
>
> dbgMemRange is defined in:
> - lclproc.pas
> - LazLoggerIntf.inc
> - fileprocs.pas
>
> LazLoggerIntf.inc is included in lazlogger.pas, lazloggerdummy.pas and
> lozloggerbase.pas.
>
> As FileProcs uses LazLogger, it sees its definition of dbgMemRange.
>
> The same project compiles well under Linux and Win32. Any ideas?

Sounds like a compiler bug.

I changed a few implementations to redirect to the LazLogger functions.
Please test.

Mattias