[Lazarus] Codetools fails to compile under WinCE

patspiper patspiper at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 13:18:31 CEST 2014

On 26/04/14 13:10, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> As far as I can see SQLDB is a designtime package. It registers property
> editors in the IDE. You don't need it at runtime.

Aren't the runtime components defined in unit sqldb?
> Maybe its type should be changed, so that the IDE does not compile it
> into projects.

I tried to split the package into two, a design time one and a runtime
one. The IDE built ok, but upon startup, I got a confusing error:
Package: "SQLDBLaz 1.0.1"
lpk file: ".../lazarus-svn/components/sqldb/sqldblaz.lpk"
Unit Name: "sqldb"

Unit "sqldb" was not found in the lpk file.
Probably this lpk file was not used for building this IDE. Or the
package misuses the procedure RegisterUnit.

Can you give it a try?

>> The same project compiles well under Linux and Win32. Any ideas?
> Sounds like a compiler bug.

This is not the 1st time this particular error in that same
place/function, due to a redefinition of PByte in the implementation
section.

Note: Just saw right now Martin's post.

> I changed a few implementations to redirect to the LazLogger functions.
> Please test.

Thanks, but this didn't solve the issue.

Stephano