[Lazarus] FPC/Lazarus on non-x86 BSD

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Apr 26 17:02:03 CEST 2014

Marc Santhoff wrote:

> I'm using FPC & Lazarus on FreeBSD, too. It's nice to have a precompiled
> binary for FPC and Laz at hand if something won't work. I can't speak
> for SPARC though, but you can look there:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/sparc.html
>
> Maybe other BSDs have better support (Tier 1 in FreeBSD terms).
>
> Lastly you need to get the compiler working on your OS/CPU-combination,
> as Marco mentioned ...

Thanks for that Marc, I'm not sure I'll get there yet since the pressing
problem is to have browsers etc. working on a comparatively familiar
platform, so /if/ the latest Debian looks OK I might stick there for a
while.

For Solaris users, I notice that sunfreeware.com now requires a
subscription for the vast majority of downloads. Obviously there's
mirrors for older files.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk