[Lazarus] font.name=default

Philippe philippe at quarta.com.br
Sat Aug 16 12:40:24 CEST 2014

I wrote a program, used font.name=default for allmost everything ...
it was looking as Arial font. Fine.

It was on a Windows 8 machine.

Then I copied the program to a Windows XP machine to check.

Where
static text and others are written with something looking as a New Times
Roman ...
 and sometimes not fitting in the field width ... and be
splitted!

I undestood there is something about windows default font.
Googled ... ... ...

On the my W8 machine default font (from registers)
are Microsoft Sans Serif and Tahoma ... diferent.

I made a test. In
the attached image, the first text is with default, the second with
Arial, both with bold mode. Arial was the closest font from default I
found ... but still a bit diferent.

Question 1): which default font is
used with Lazarus ?

Question 2): is there a way I can set the default
font in Lazarus?

Thank for your help

Philippe

PS. F1 in font.name