[Lazarus] Where do lazarus apps look for dll's?

Donald Ziesig donald at ziesig.org
Fri Aug 1 16:00:01 CEST 2014

Hi Again!

Thanks for all of the excellent suggestions.

After further investigation, it appears that the error
message//is***misleading*.  Lazarus *IS* finding libpq.dll, but it is
not able to load it because *OTHER *system-level dll's that libpq
depends on are missing.  As mentioned before, it is possible that
Windows Update caused the problem, but I haven't been able to confirm
that yet.

I'll post the solution here when I find it.

After I get rid of all of the extraneous versions of libpq that I have
scattered around my system ;-) .

Don Ziesig