[Lazarus] Where do lazarus apps look for dll's?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 1 17:07:41 CEST 2014

Am 01.08.2014 16:00 schrieb "Donald Ziesig" <donald at ziesig.org>:

> Hi Again!
>
> Thanks for all of the excellent suggestions.
>
> After further investigation, it appears that the error message is
misleading.  Lazarus IS finding libpq.dll, but it is not able to load it
because OTHER system-level dll's that libpq depends on are missing.  As
mentioned before, it is possible that Windows Update caused the problem,
but I haven't been able to confirm that yet.

Download Dependency Walker. It's normally distributed with Windows SDKs,
but also available separately. With it you can check which libraries are
missing (and even if some imports can't be resolved).

Regards,
Sven