[Lazarus] Offtopic: Win8 shut down doesnt really shut down (Re: Obtaining uptime)

Kovács László info at kovacsoltvideo.hu
Thu Aug 7 08:01:25 CEST 2014

This is offtopic now, not related to lazarus, but better be aware.
That behavior of Win8 caused data loss for me.
Once I needed to copy hundreds of GB-s, so removed the HDD from a win8
machine after thinking it has shut down.
Placing that HDD in my Win7 desktop and right after start it ran chkdsk,
because it detected something broken because of an unclean shutdown.
I could skip this chkdsk if I knew about, but after switching on the
win7 machine my attention was at a different point.
Just noticed the running chkdsk when it almost finished.
Most of the file were gone...
Thanks God, testdisk was able to restore most of the lost files, but not
all.

Thanks for reading.

Regards
Laszlo Kovacs