[Lazarus] lazbuild question

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Aug 19 17:27:28 CEST 2014

On Tue, 19 Aug 2014, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

>> Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> hat am 19. August 2014 um 14:25
>> geschrieben:
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Does LazBuild update the packagefiles.xml file if it compiles a package it
>> didn't encounter before ?
>
> No.

OK. A pity, it means I must update the packagefiles.xml myself :(

Second question:

I have 2 packages (A, B) and a project (C), checked out as:

/projects/A/X
/projects/A/Y
/projects/B
/projects/C

Package B depends on Package A, min version X
Project C depends on Package A, min version Y
Project C depends on Package B.

I would expect Lazbuild to check that the versions X = Y or something similar
  when constructing the command-line for project C.

As far as I can see, it does not, it just adds a path to both versions of package A when compiling C:
-Fu/projects/A/X -Fu/projects/A/Y -Fu/projects/B

Is this intentional ? I would expect
- Either an error message that different versions are used.
- Either only 1 version (the biggest) of package A.
or am I missing something ?

Michael.