[Lazarus] font.name=default

Philippe philippe at quarta.com.br
Thu Aug 21 01:58:42 CEST 2014

"default" for font.name does not sound very clear for me. I thought
it was a Lazarus default.

may be a suggestion: using "OS default" ...

and it should be nice to be able to use a "Lazarus default" which
could be configurated ...

especialy when developing for a unique OS

Philippe

Em 20.08.2014 19:54, Philippe escreveu:

> thank for
your answer.

> I found the default font on my machine/windows 8 is
Segoe UI. I´ll check if it is avalaible under other version of Windows

> your suggestion (looping controls) is interesting, I didn´t
know it, but will change all the controls of the form ... and that is
not what I need ... I just want to change the Lazarus default. So it
will change the font of controls using font.name='Default' in the
configuration/object inspector.

12:58, Salvatore Coppola escreveu:

Philippe <philippe at quarta.com.br>:

>>> I wrote a program, used
font.name [1]=default for allmost everything ... it was looking as Arial
font. Fine.

>>> It was on a Windows 8 machine.
>>>
>>> Then I
copied the program to a Windows XP machine to check.

>>> Where
static text and others are written with something looking as a New Times
Roman ...
>>> and sometimes not fitting in the field width ... and be
splitted!

>>> I undestood there is something about windows default
font. Googled ... ... ...

>>> On the my W8 machine default font
(from registers) are Microsoft Sans Serif and Tahoma ... diferent.

>>> I made a test. In the attached image, the first text is with
default, the second with Arial, both with bold mode. Arial was the
closest font from default I found ... but still a bit diferent.

>>> Question 1): which default font is used with Lazarus ?
>>
>> the
theme fonts

>>> Question 2): is there a way I can set the default
font in Lazarus?

>> I don't know if is possible in RAD way, but you
can set the font you want in on create event for each controls you want.

>> procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
>> var i:
integer;
>> begin
>> for i:=0 to ControlCount-1 do