[Lazarus] ShowModal always brings up MainForm, is this normal? (GTK)

Alexsander Rosa alexsander.rosa at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 15:08:39 CET 2014

All my forms are auto-created (is this relevant?). When I call (in
MainForm) Form1.Show and then Form1 calls Form2.ShowModal, the MainForm is
ALWAYS brought up behind Form2.

If you have a document open and you want to work side-by-side with Form1
(and eventually Form2), you need to move MainForm somewhere (and sometimes
there's no space) to avoid blocking the view of the document. Even if I
minimize the MainForm before calling Form2.ShowModal, the MainForm always
comes up.

Is this normal? Is there a way to go around it?

--
Atenciosamente,
Alexsander da Rosa