[Lazarus] Connection lost after a long inactivity with my Lazarus Application using MySQL/MariaDB;

ERICK VAN ZYL erick.vanzyl83 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 13:12:33 CET 2014

Good day all,

I'm new like Databases in Lazarus,

I have noticed a connection problem while using my Lazarus application with
database like MySQL/MariaDB; after a long inactivity with my Lazarus
Application using MySQL, the application lost a connection with the
database until I have to restart the apps. Even after opened and closed the
connection, It that’s not work until I have to restart the apps.

If I used another database like SQLite, the problem didn't occur (I don't
have to restart the Apps for further DB request).

Can any one assist me regarding this issue?