[Lazarus] OI Checkboxes

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 19:29:20 CET 2014

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 8:11 PM, Frederic Da Vitoria <davitofrg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Properties : NVDA doesn't announce the property names in the Object
> inspector.

This is a tough one. The property names are just text, not controls.
Accessibility support should be explicitly built into OI. Felipe may
know how big job it would be.

> I looked a little around to try to find how TCheckbox manages to be properly
> recognized by NVDA. I am guessing it has something to do with
> TLazAccessibleObject. But as I don't see TCheckbox doing anything in order
> to make it work, so that I am at a loss to tell why TCheckboxThemed does not
> work too. If someone has some more information on how this works, I could
> try to fix it.

As explained earlier, TCheckbox binds to native (WinAPI) widget.
TCheckboxThemed is a custom drawn component.

Contributions are welcome. Good luck!

Juha