[Lazarus] Another Where is Error

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Dec 3 12:23:35 CET 2014

On Tue, 2 Dec 2014 22:25:55 -0700 (MST)
leledumbo <leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id> wrote:

> > My question is how to find depend pas or lpk
>
> Make a good use of "find in files" feature. Dependency on external library
> can only be achieved in three ways (AFAIR):
> - {$LINKLIB libname} directive
> - external 'libname' procedure modifier
> - -k<pass library to linker>
>
> Packages have linking options greyed out AFAIK, so 3rd way is not possible.
> The other two can be easily searched using "external 'sqlite3'" or
> "{$LINKLIB sqlite3}" against your packages directories.

Don't forget that it could be "external identifier", so sometimes it
is hard to find.

Luckily this information is stored in the ppu files.
The package Cody has a simple ppu parser and can show such things. See
here:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Cody#PPU_files_of_project

It needs some update for the current 2.7.1 ppus though.

Mattias