[Lazarus] FPC 2.7.1 and console output

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Wed Dec 3 20:58:07 CET 2014

On 12/3/2014 1:58 PM, Sven Barth wrote:
> Am 03.12.2014 18:33 schrieb "waldo kitty" <wkitty42 at windstream.net>:
>  >
>  > On 12/3/2014 11:26 AM, Sven Barth wrote:
>  >>
>  >> Am 03.12.2014 16:51 schrieb "Hans-Peter Diettrich" <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com>
>  >>  > No, the FP IDE. It has become almost useless, most options are read-only :-(
>  >>
>  >> You need to build the FP included with trunk, because the compiler is statically
>  >> linked into FP. This is usually done when you do a "make all" or at least when
>  >> you do a "make install".
>  >
>  > ahhh... it would be nice to be able to specify which fpc to use in the same
>  > way that one can do with lazarus and other tools ;)
>
> Considering that FP has a much smaller user base than Lazarus (not to speak of
> features even), it's just not worth it.

;)  i guess my current method whereby i change the path to point to the desired
FPC version is the only real way... i have a little script that i use, runfp,
which sets up my environment... it requires the version of FPC i want to use to
be specified on the command line...

eg:
   runfp 2.6.2
   runfp 2.6.4
   runfp trunk

but using "trunk" messes up things that use $FPVERSION as that requires that i
have that version of FPC in a dedicated directory other than trunk... but hey,
it works for now and i only have to make sure that my FP.CFG and similar files
are correct for the version i'm currently playing with...