[Lazarus] Default debug mode and internal debugger

Tony Whyman tony.whyman at mccallumwhyman.com
Fri Dec 5 10:16:25 CET 2014

Mattias,

I did the following on an up-to-date Ubuntu 14.04/Linux Mint MATE
edition with fpc 2.6.4, gdb 7.7.1

1. download trunk from svn (svn co
http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/trunk)

2. Ran "'make"

3. After successful compile ran "./startlazarus --pcp=~/lazarus-devel"

4. Opened the "Image Viewer" example (examples/imgviewer)

5. Complied and ran successfully.

6. Changed build options to generate debugging info and rebuilt.

7. Set breakpoint on line 142 of the main form.

8. Right mouse click and select Debug->Evaluate/Modify on the public
property ODImage and the result is shown as "<Error>". See attached
screenshot.

9. Same on local variable "I" and the value is correctly shown.
Similarly "self.ODImage" works.

So in answer to your question

> Can you check if this bug still exists in trunk (1.3)
The answer "yes" and easily demonstrated.

Tony Whyman
MWA