[Lazarus] Default debug mode and internal debugger

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sun Dec 7 22:57:22 CET 2014

On 07/12/2014 20:58, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Dec 2014 20:25:50 +0000
> Martin Frb <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:
>> "-gh" afaik is also project only (the mem manager applies to the entire exe)
>>
>> "-gl" makes some sense, as it adds some basic debug info (line info),
>> not sure about the inclusion of the units (lineinfo, ...) that cerate
>> the dump, are they project wide?
>> That is using -gl on a package, ifin is ont used in the project, will
>> that work?
> No.
> So -Xg, -gh, -gl.
-gl still adds lineinfo (a subset debug info). SO useful, but different
name.

If stabs/dwarf do follow, and the package has no debug info, but it has
-gl, then there is some trick to set the line info to the wanted format.
But I do not remember ...

> What about -pg and -vg?
Not sure if should follow.

maybe -vg  (IIRC -vg is an extension to either stabs or dwarf, it
changes the debug info generated (it drops some stuff, that older
valgrind did not understand)

but -pg, I do not think. You do not necessaries want to profile packages.

> BTW, why is -gt under "Debugging info" instead of "Checks
> and assertion"? It increases the nitpicking.
good question