[Lazarus] virus in lazarus-1.2.6-fpc-2.6.4-win32.exe?

Frederic Da Vitoria davitofrg at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 10:08:19 CET 2014

> Hi,
>
> Avast  reports  that  several files from the win executable of Lazarus
> are  infected with "win64 evo-gen". Is this a problem of Lazarus or of
> Avast?
>
> Sincerely
>
> Engelbert

Do you mean the IDE lazarus.exe file or an executable compiled by
Lazarus/fpc? When did the Avast message appear? When you installed
/upgraded Lazarus or after Avast upgraded it's virus database (which
happens quite frequently IIRC)?

I have downloaded and installed Lazarus 1.2.6, and my AVG didn't say
anything. Still doesn't say anything now, actually.

You could have a mutating virus on your system which Avast could not detect
before but has later infected your Lazarus executable, but I guess this is
a false positive. You could check with https://www.virustotal.com/

--
Frederic Da Vitoria
(davitof)