[Lazarus] Alternative component palette layout

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 23:44:56 CET 2014

On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 9:17 PM, Giuliano Colla
<giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
> I spent some time testing, and here's my result.
> It would appear to be a Qt-only problem, but it seems to be a bit more
> intricate than just a redraw problem.

Thanks for your testing. You have a lot more errors with QT than I do.
Strange. May be difficult to fix if I cannot reproduce.
The good news is that there is a workaround. You can restart Lazarus
and the configuration works.

> GTK2 widgetset.
>
> It behaves as expected, with the only note that "View All" when importing
> the new layout is properly updated, but when you restore the default still
> keeps the previous palette layout.

Good to know the palette itself works. I will look at the component
list view issue later.

> I noticed that the Export function tells to have successfully exported, but
> actually it does nothing. I presume that this is because it's work in
> progress.

It works here. I created the "modern" layout XML file using it.
It uses the same code that writes the environment options XML file.
It only saves a difference between user changes and the default settings.
The export feature uses a standard file save dialog. Where did you
save the file?
".xml" suffix may not be added automatically.

Juha