[Lazarus] Lazarus Configuration

martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Mon Dec 22 18:09:39 CET 2014

On 22/12/14 16:19, J S wrote:
> I have two lazarus installations.

> In my cursory examination, it appears that lazarus looks in a
> hardwired directory for configuration information.

It does, but it can be configured different.

Depending on the OS it follows the conventions used on that OS. That is
usually in the user folder
Linux: /home/USER/.lazarus
And on Win in the appdir local of the current user.

Lazarus does not save [1] into the installation folder (as OS dependent
this can be read only). But it checks for a lazarus.cfg file (search
wiki) and appends options found inside to the commandline options. So
you can specify in that file:
--primary-config-path=xxx

  [1] if writeable and lazarus is rebuild it may place the new exe
there. If not, then startlazarus will find it. In that case you need to
try out where to put the above config file.