[Lazarus] Alternative component palette layout

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 21:11:53 CET 2014

On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 1:08 PM, zeljko <zeljko at holobit.net> wrote:
> I'm against such workarounds since it can hide bug. Is it enough to comment
> code LCLQt to completely disable LCLQt ifdef ?
> I'll try to debug and see what exactly happens, since it's impossible to
> reproduce it with simple example project.

I already thought I spotted the error and I almost opened a bug
report. Unneeded pages are deleted like :
  Application.ReleaseComponent(Sheet);
I could reproduce the error in a small test project and then fix it using :
  TabControl := TCustomTabControl(PageControl1);
  TabControl.Pages.Delete(0);
But ... I tried to use it in the component palette code and it didn't
work. I am puzzled and will not touch this issue for a while.

TPageControl API sucks badly.
TPageControl inherits from TCustomTabControl. They both have "Pages"
but with different meaning. There is Pages[] and Page[].
I think it should be fixed even if it breaks Delphi compatibility.

Anyway, the palette reordering works pretty much perfectly now!
Giuliano made a workaround for the QT issue and I fixed a last
remaining bug related to saving the configuration.
Please everybody test and create alternative palette layouts.

Juha