[Lazarus] Getting help for a type if its unit is not in uses

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 5 13:52:35 CET 2014

Am 05.02.2014 12:54, schrieb Mattias Gaertner:
> On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 12:32:55 +0100
> Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Am 05.02.2014 12:25, schrieb Mattias Gaertner:
>> [...]
>>> You now get the codebrowser. There you can search for packages, units
>>> and identifiers.
>> Great! Let's see how good that will work. :) Any chance this could still
>> be in 1.2?
> Well, there is the risk that it breaks F1 on identifiers.
>
> I need testers.
It seems to still work correctly.

Is it normal though that the "select help entry" dialog shows
duplicates? This happens e.g. when using F1 on "var" (contents "Pascal
keyword "var"" and "Pascal keyword "var" (2)") and on "TObjectList" with
"contnrs" in uses clause (contents: "FCL - Free Pascal Component Library
Units ( type TObjectList in
e:\fpc\svn\packages\fcl-base\src\contnrs.pp)" (twice!) [sidenote: a
horizontal scrollbar would be nice here as well, although I know that
the window can be resized...]).

Also how should one select an identifier in the Code Browser to get the
help entry? Double clicking the entry opens the class' declaration
inside the editor, but I'd like to get the help...

Regards,
Sven