[Lazarus] Lazarus/FPC for Web Development only

silvioprog silvioprog at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 15:33:32 CET 2014

2014-02-04 <glpunzi at gmail.com>:

>  Hi all,
>
> I would like to do a “simple poll” to know your opinion.
>
> I developed a lot of Delphi in the past, and I like it very much. Some
> weeks ago I returned to Delphi from an outsourcing, and worked under Delphi
> 6, and remembered how I loved Object Pascal.
>
> I’m on a position where we have to start a new project, and can choose
> development enviroment.
>
> This project should be web, multilanguage, and so on…(now all should be
> web ☹ ) and I would like to know your opinion if it’s worth to develop web
> applications using server side with Brook (for example), and HTML5 and JS
> for client side, against other options like Java, PHP, Python.
>
> In my case, this project is big, and all should be Web, for this reason I
> can’t take advantage of RAD controls of Lazarus.
>
> Thanks in advance for share your thoughts
>
> Enviado desde Surface Pro

I'm using Brook in all my projects. Even in old projects (e.g:
http://fashionstream.com.br) that I did in PHP, now I use the Brook to
complement some specific screens.

Projects written only with Brook in back-end, and Bootstrap, jTable, jqGrid
etc. in front-end (all these projects open perfectly in all possible
browsers, including mobile devices):

1 - http://buscadobairro.com.br (under construction, and is a very basic
site because I did it with low cost to my client, see the login form here
http://imagebin.org/291097 and some others screens here
http://imagebin.org/291098, http://imagebin.org/291100);

2 - http://54.232.90.2/duallapi/login (under construction, click in this
link, after, see some pics here http://imagebin.org/291103,
http://imagebin.org/291104, http://imagebin.org/291105,
http://imagebin.org/291106);

3 - http://duallsistemas.com.br/api.bf/login (click in this link, after,
see two pics here http://imagebin.org/291101, http://imagebin.org/291102);

I started web developing using Kendo UI in my front-ends, but the co$t of
Kendo is too high, then it is an investment that I can't do in this moment
(but is a very nice widget). So I chose open source options (Fuel UX,
Bootstrap, jTable, jdGrid etc.), and at least to me, are responding well.

--
Silvio Clécio