[Lazarus] Getting help for a type if its unit is not in uses

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 20:55:07 CET 2014

>> Can we hope to someday get the feature that Lazarus adds the unit where a type/function/whatever is defined automatically to the uses clause when it is used for the first time (just like Eclipse does for Java imports)?
>
> Please define "automatically".

MS Visual Studio has the red error marker and a popup menu that gives
options to fix the code. Adding a missing unit dependency is just one
of the corrections. This would be a nice goal.
Eclipse does about the same thing, although Visual Studio may be the
best in this respect.
My knowledge may be a little outdated. I should evaluate the top IDEs again.

But yes, a way to add a missing unit reference would be very important.

Juha