[Lazarus] Lazarus/FPC for Web Development only

luiz americo pereira camara luizmed at oi.com.br
Thu Feb 6 12:18:57 CET 2014

>  Hi all,
>
>  and I would like to know your opinion if it's worth to develop web
> applications using server side with Brook (for example), and HTML5 and JS
> for client side, against other options like Java, PHP, Python.

For some times i'm working in a architeture that uses fpc in the server side

Basically is a library built on top of fpc-web that helps to create REST
services

This allows to use the same backend to both desktop and web thus making
easy to share or migrate from one to another

I already have a full (desktop) application running in production with this
architeture

Only recently i started to learn how to work with web client (HTML/JS), so
no production code yet, just some proof of concept

Unfortunatelly i still did not document, did extensive demos or stabilized
the interface for the library, so no release or announcements (as most of
code of my repository)

If you are curious you can take a look at:
https://code.google.com/p/luipack/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fluirest

Luiz