[Lazarus] Threads and Libraries (dll and so)

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Feb 6 17:39:22 CET 2014

Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 02/06/2014 04:17 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>>
>> I think that the only thing remotely worth pursuing, bearing in mind
>> the current state of widget sets etc....
>
> I don't suppose this makes much sense unless the infrastructure called
> by the LCL supports it in a proven way.
>

> OTOH:
> In the other Thread we discussed  that an LCL Widget Type allowing to do
> a remote Browser based GUI (using some Java script Toolset) would be a
> "good thing".
>
> Here of course it would be advantageous to allow for two GUIs at the
> same time (local and remote) using threads.
>
> But besides another instance of the "Application" object (and thus same
> being thread-safe) - including a second event queue - this would need a
> second set of resources to define the two GUIs, plus appropriate GUI
> editing means.

OK, so assuming an OS similar to X, can a single app support two forms
on different displays, and/or move forms between displays? Because if it
could, one of those displays could be a local X session and the other
could be something like a VNC server.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk