[Lazarus] Using different FPC versions

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Feb 10 11:15:50 CET 2014

On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 10:33:20 +0100 (CET)
Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

>[...]
> However, this can be avoided to a large extent by simply also adding the compiler version to the unit output path:
> $(fpcversion)/$(cpu)-$(os)/$(widgetset)
> or
> $(cpu)-$(os)/$(widgetset)/$(fpcversion)
> or even
> $(fpcversion)-$(cpu)-$(os)/$(widgetset)

The Lazarus macro for the FPC version (e.g. 2.6.2) is $FPCVer. Macro
names are case insensitive. I know, you know that. :)

> I could probably set this path manually in every package on my system.
> Cumbersome, and would probably conflict with svn updates.
>
> Is there any plan to add such a feature by default, or have I missed something, and there is actually
> an easier way than 2 separate installations to achieve the same effect, i.e. use 2 compiler versions
> without requiring a restart and a complete recompile ?

The "Additions and Overrides" of Lazarus 1.1+ can do that.
I added it as an example:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Window:_Compiler_Options#Change_the_output_directory_of_project_and_all_packages

Mattias