[Lazarus] Using different FPC versions

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Feb 10 19:36:35 CET 2014

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 18:10:21 +0000
> Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> The other issue is how to tell the IDE where the FPC sources are, and to
>> keep everything in step. I normally copy a cleaned version of the
>> sources into e.g. /usr/local/lib/fpc/2.6.2/fpcsrc.
>
> /usr/local/lib/fpc/$(FPCVer)/fpcsrc
>
> The installers use the FPCVer macro since several versions.

Thanks for that. So is this a fairly accurate description of what
happens on e.g. x86:

* If -V isn't specified, fpc runs ppc386.

* If -Vx.y.z is specified, fpc runs ppc386-x.y.z.

* In either case, the IDE queries the ppc386 version using -iV.

* The IDE sets $(FPCVer) as appropriate.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk