[Lazarus] Problem building for SPARC/Linux, and a couple of minor IDE wishlist items

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Feb 12 22:19:29 CET 2014

On 12/02/2014 20:03, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Martin Frb wrote:
>> On 12/02/2014 16:50, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>>>
>>> Looking at the IDE, I find the "new" bar on the right of SynEdit
>>> useful but I wonder whether the developers would consider putting a
>>> digit marker rather than a rectangle to mark the position of a
>>> bookmark? That would allow a quick keyboard jump, and would also
>>> give an easy indication of what bookmark was on which page when
>>> multiple windows were open.
>> Nice idea.
>
> The other possible enhancement would be putting bookmark markers on
> the page tags, but I'm assuming that implementation of those is buried
> deep in each widget set. Might be feasible to use some of the special
> circled-digit Unicode characters: not as pretty as the coloured
> markers, but adequately functional.

yes.
Eventually this may become  a custom drawn pagecontrol....

What I had thought to be useful (just a draft of the idea, details still
may ripen):
- A window that list s all the bookmarks, also shows the line of code,
and if available the name of the enclosing function.
- This window could provide room for more than 10 "remembered" locations
(10 can have a shortcut, and are bookmarks)

>> The "overview gutter is a big piece of unfinished work. All those
>> thinks should be configurable. But I hawe not found the time to
>> continue on it for a long time now. In is still on my list though.
>
> Running Lazarus tunnelled over SSH I'm finding that scrollbar
> operations tend to "run away" with unintentional repeats on occasion,
> which means that an overview of where bookmarks and recent changes are
> works out quite nicely :-)

The part that I like really is to see where the implementation section
starts. That is often where some important constants or similar are.