[Lazarus] Problem building for SPARC/Linux, and a couple of minor IDE wishlist items

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Feb 13 07:41:16 CET 2014

Martin Frb wrote:
> On 12/02/2014 20:03, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>> Martin Frb wrote:

>>> Nice idea.
>>
>> The other possible enhancement would be putting bookmark markers on
>> the page tags, but I'm assuming that implementation of those is buried
>> deep in each widget set. Might be feasible to use some of the special
>> circled-digit Unicode characters: not as pretty as the coloured
>> markers, but adequately functional.
>>
> yes.
> Eventually this may become  a custom drawn pagecontrol....
>
> What I had thought to be useful (just a draft of the idea, details still
> may ripen):
> - A window that list s all the bookmarks, also shows the line of code,
> and if available the name of the enclosing function.
> - This window could provide room for more than 10 "remembered" locations
> (10 can have a shortcut, and are bookmarks)

On a tablet sitting next to the keyboard :-)

>>> The "overview gutter is a big piece of unfinished work. All those
>>> thinks should be configurable. But I hawe not found the time to
>>> continue on it for a long time now. In is still on my list though.
>>
>> Running Lazarus tunnelled over SSH I'm finding that scrollbar
>> operations tend to "run away" with unintentional repeats on occasion,
>> which means that an overview of where bookmarks and recent changes are
>> works out quite nicely :-)
>>

> The part that I like really is to see where the implementation section
> starts. That is often where some important constants or similar are.

I must admit that I only noticed that yesterday: my screens are fairly
large but elderly so the contrast isn't as good as new ones.

There's still the question of how this sort of thing works best with a
split window (i.e. two parts of the same file shown on the same form).

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk