[Lazarus] Attn Martin, LazarusDir and FPCSourceDirectory not saved to environmentoptions.xml

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Feb 14 15:14:10 CET 2014

On 14/02/2014 08:33, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 19:05:57 -0800 (PST)
> leledumbo <leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id> wrote:
>> Reading symbols from /media/LinuxShared/lazarus/lazarus...done.
>> (gdb) b FPC_RAISEEXCEPTION
>> Breakpoint 1 at 0x8072f25
>> (gdb) run
>> Starting program: /media/LinuxShared/lazarus/lazarus
>> Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 14: reading
>> configurations from ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated.
>> TMainIDE.ParseCmdLineOptions:
>>    PrimaryConfigPath="/home/leledumbo/.lazarus"
>>    SecondaryConfigPath="/etc/lazarus"
>> TSourceEditorSharedValues.GetMainLinkScanner not pascal highlighted:
>> unit1.pas
>> [TEnvironmentOptions.Save]  error writing
>> "/home/leledumbo/.lazarus/environmentoptions.xml": EDOMError in
>> DOMDocument.CreateElement PackageEditor_
>> NiceChartD7 0
> Strange. It is raising a FPC exception. gdb should break here, but it
> does not.
>
> Martin, do you have an idea how this is possible?

Not sure, maybe (Marc pointed that out ot me once) it is the same, why
the IDE does take the address of RAISE_Exception, and set the break at
the address.

GDB looks at the assembler of the function and makes a decision where
the prologue ends. With FPC omitting the stackframe it may get that wrong.

Though I have used the

  b FPC_RAISEEXCEPTION
myself, and it had worked, but it may depend on versions, etc.

Try
info address
b *0x8072f25

here is output from gdb I just tried

(gdb) b FPC_RAISEEXCEPTION
Breakpoint 1 at 0x40da33: file ../inc/except.inc, line 195.
(gdb) info address  FPC_RAISEEXCEPTION
Symbol "FPC_RAISEEXCEPTION" is at 0x40da20 in a file compiled without debugging.
(gdb)

info address is 19 bytes earlier
In my case that is correct (looking at disaasemble), but my FPC was build with -O1