[Lazarus] Lazarus compilation problems with 2.6.4 RC1

Jy V jyv110 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 22:15:13 CET 2014

after more than 90 minutes of running FPCUP was cyclcing so I decided to
launch Lazarus,
then the script FPCUP stopped and displayed:
TUniversalInstaller: building module anchodocking....
fpcup finished

Lazarus is by default setup with the anchordockingdsgn 0.5 -> this is
perfect if it can stays this way to resemble Delphi as much as possible,
the Lazarus IDE displays in the about box:
version 1.3
FPC version 2.7.1
SVN revision 44120
arm-linux-gtk2

Building a simple LCL project (I mean the default VCL project),
displays warning messages:
crtbegin.o not found, this will probably cause a linking failure,
crtend.o not found, this will probably cause a linking failure,

run OK,
Breakpoint, Debug OK,

I will try tomorrow to fossil xmlrad (meaning in your world Git/SVN pull
XMLRAD project),
and I will keep reporting as I progress,
but at this stage it looks that you have provided 1 way to install Lazarus
for ARM,

however, the procedure requires multiple steps,
so I would recommend that you provide a single shell script to download,
and this shell script would perform all the intermediate steps that you
have written in the wiki page,

Regards, Jerome.