[Lazarus] Lazarus/FPC for Web Development only

silvioprog silvioprog at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 07:03:35 CET 2014

> I see you already have your own persistence framework. Is it fully
> functional
> already? What backends are supported? Do you use another abstract framework
> (like SQLdb) to achive it?

Yes. It is a junction of the old Brook persistence and a stable code that
is already in production to ten years, running in Delphi, authored by
Waldir Paim (founder of Duall System, the company that I'm a partner here
in Brazil).

It is only a slim layer under SQLdb. It allows to create a broker to other
library too, like Zeos. The idea is to execute SQLs but allowing to acquire
and store objects on memory and/or on disk, logging all SQLs/transactions
(with or without params). This new layer is fest, very very fast! So it is
an apart layer of Brook.

In Brook, the radical shift to object-oriented layer was necessary after
observe that I've been repeating code in my projects. I have just few weeks
using pure object oriented and already seeing great benefits. Today, with
this new structure (the idea is by João Morais, I just made the
implementation), I finished a restricted page area. In old structure, I had
weeks and could not to finish, my code was coupled and slow. Now all is
simpler, my business rules are on my objects, and I can enjoy them anytime
and anywhere. Also I'm so glad to know that this new structure in Brook
will facilitate a junction with the future object persistence framework,
authored by João Morais: https://github.com/jcmoraisjr/jcore.

I'm writting an e-mail in portuguese and in english to talk about what's
new in the world of Brook, I believe that next week I send it to all
Lazarus/FPC lists. :)

--
Silvio Clécio