[Lazarus] save the detail record to sqlite

Antonio Fortuny a.fortuny at sitasoftware.lu
Fri Feb 28 11:43:09 CET 2014

Le 28/02/2014 10:09, Reinier Olislagers a écrit :
> However, I polished my crystal ball and my guess is that you forgot
> this step:
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/MasterDetail#Adding_detail_records_with_the_right_foreign_key
> ... Thanks, Reinier Note: also posted on forum:
I guess that your cristal ball brights a lot after polishing it ( how
much time: 10 minutes a day maybe ?) 8-)
Mine desn't like polishing so I've built a bunch of rules for this kind
of situation where updatable datasets are involved:
- always assign an OnNewRecord event and dive the default value to all
defined fields (TFields list). I know, some DBMS do it for you, but ...
     on creating the client dataset record, setting the master dataset
key is always the first line, process generators, etc.
- always explicitely name the used fields in the commanding Sql (any
error on connecting to the DB will raise an error)

This prevents me to trust my memory too much.

Antonio.