[Lazarus] Vertical String Grid

Fri Jan 3 15:07:16 CET 2014

On 2013-12-09 12:20, Richard Mace wrote:
> Sounds very interesting, however, I think it is a bit higher than my
> current coding knowledge.

It's not that hard at all. Simply hook into the custom paint events of
TStringGrid. Then use whatever Canvas paint methods to paint the look
you want.

> Also, your application looks amazing, what
> components are you using that aren't installed with the defaul Lazarus
> install?

The screenshots I posted was done in Delphi using a few standard
TStringGrid components flush against each other. Scrolling was
synchronised between grid instances.

The standard LCL TStringGrid should be able to do exactly the same.

For the last few years I have been using fpGUI Toolkit as my GUI toolkit
of choice - as it is 100% custom drawn. Thus gives me full control to
customise my apps as I need, and guaranteed to work and look identical
on all platforms.

> Also, how long do you think it would take to set a new property onthe
> StringGrid to have "orinetaion: Horizontal or Vertical" to make things
> really easy?

No idea as I don't know the internals of the LCL TStringGrid design.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/