[Lazarus] Using Lazarus for non-graphical apps

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Jan 7 11:55:54 CET 2014

On 12/28/2013 10:07 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> Thanks, I'm reading stdin directly with a tight timeout using fpselect
> so it sounds like I should be able to manage something.

This of course requests for a multithreaded application. (i.e. the
threads that handle the blocking pipes communicate with the main thread
via "TThread.Queue" or "Application.QueueAsyncCall").

In fact without a GUI binding currently you even can't use TTimer.

Exact,y this is why I am planing to do a "active NoGui" "Widget Type" -
and since not that long I do know how this can be done. :-)

As Michael and Sven state, "TThread.Queue", "Application.QueueAsyncCall"
depend on checksynchronize() (and TTimer needs a dedicated
implementation in a new WidgetType, anyway).

-Michael