[Lazarus] Fwd: newbie

duilio foschi octopushole at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 22:49:53 CET 2014

I would like to play with library graphics32 (graphics32.org).

The version of Lazarus I use is: 1.0.12

The instructions to follow are simple enough:

Unzip the files;
Select Package | Open Package File... on the menu bar. Set Files of
type to Lazarus package (*.lpk), locate and open GR32_DSGN_L.dpk
A package editor window will appear. Click Compile, then click Install;
Lazarus will ask to compile itself in order to make use of the
library. Choose Yes to be able to use the library from the IDE. It
will take several minutes until the IDE is compiled completely.
After an automatic restart you are able to use GR32 in Lazarus.
<<

Ev goes as above.

Only at the last step, when Lazarus compiles itself, I get the
following error message:
..\ideintf\objectinspector.pp(47,3) Fatal: Can't find unit
ComponentTreeView used by ObjectInspector

A screenshot with the error message was uploaded at
http://it.tinypic.com/r/v4s76w/5

I searched for file
ComponentTreeView.pas

The file is located at the following path:
C:\lazarus\ideintf

(see the screenshot uploaded at
http://it.tinypic.com/r/2962ljl/5
)

I tried to add the path to the LIBRARY section of the package (see
the screenshot uploaded at
http://it.tinypic.com/r/2q8od9x/5
)
but had nop better luck.