[Lazarus] Threads and Libraries (dll and so)

Antonio Fortuny a.fortuny at sitasoftware.lu
Fri Jan 17 12:34:44 CET 2014

Hi All.

Maybe not a Lazarus/FPC specific question but development whill be done
using Lazarus/FPC.
I wonder if I can build an application (service) having multiple threads
running (Indy TCP/IP server, multiple connections) and every thread
calls some functions in a library (dll on Windows, .so on Linux)
I can imagine that if every thread loads dynamically the library it
should work as I assume that a library shares its code among all callers
(processes ?) but each instance has its own data segment tied tp the
calling process (thread ?).

Thank you for comments.

Antonio.

---