[Lazarus] Alpha transparency on GTK2 widgetset

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 16:38:33 CET 2014

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 5:20 PM, Kostas Michalopoulos
<badsectoracula at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking in the code, I think i see the problem.
> [...]

Impressive. I still mostly don't understand GTK2 bindings code.

> For now i'm looking into trying to use the pixbuf when an image
> operation is requested and see if that helps for solving the most
> glaring issues with toolbars having no transparency and converting
> between tbitmap to tlazintfimage and back losing the alpha channel. It
> wont solve the issue of other operations (f.e. drawing a line, arc,
> rectangle, etc over an image with alpha channel), but that would
> require a complete rewrite of the GTK2 graphics context code to use
> Cairo (which will be necessary for GTK3 anyway).

A patch for GTK2 bindings would surely be welcome.
Do you know that GTK3 bindings also exist. They have a different
architecture than GTK2 bindings.
Zeljan has started them but they are in alpha state now.
Contributions are welcome there, too.

Juha