[Lazarus] Is there a separate mailing list for Lazarus developers?

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 11:49:58 CET 2014

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 2:48 AM, vfclists . <vfclists at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have always had this nagging feeling that something wasn't quite right
> about Lazarus and this explains it.

Now I have a strong nagging feeling about you!

> I think the developers fear that if they open up the list even for viewing
> alone there will be lots of acrimonious debates and disagreements with non
> developers over how Lazarus should evolve, such as the everlasting Unicode
> debates, and also criticism about its internal operation.
>
> It may be a well founded fear as seen in other open source projects but it
> ought to be reconsidered, with the understanding that whatever things
> non-developers/participants disagree with should be raised politely and in a
> tempered manner that doesn't offend or dishearten existing developers.

You just refuse to understand what people explain to you.
All development is open. New features are here:
  http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_1.2.0_release_notes
All bug reports are public.
This is the right list if you have _technical_ ideas or questions.
Now you are just trolling and you should stop it!
Without a single code contribution you are writing empty whining and
nagging in Forum (vfclists) and in this list.
Do you really feel that you should be allowed to do the same thing in
developers' private list?

> [...] such the issue with transparency that Kostas recently
> submitted a patch for.

If Kostas continues with his quality patches, he will become a Lazarus
developer.
With you it is a different story.
BTW, notice how Kostas was interested in fixing code instead of
peeking developers' private mails.
You could learn something from him.

> For me it was always a non-starter because compiles
> were breaking due to missing units and I was always afraid of breaking my
> installations to try new things even for my own use. It is only now that I
> am becoming more confident and even then I am still wary.

That's what I mean.

> I think that opening the list may allow people who are highly skilled in
> specialized areas to see where they can contribute and offer their help.
> Going through Bugzilla to select bugs for fixing is okay for young
> developers or students who want to cut their teeth or find a way to enhance
> their skills and acquire some experience, but some of us are too long in the
> tooth for that.

Do you mean you feel too important person to fix bugs?
Besides, we use Mantis instead of Bugzilla.

> I also suspect that some of those bugs wouldn't creep into
> the code in the first place if the development process was open enough for
> more eyes to spot them in the first place.

Oh my God! Please go away troll!
Do you seriously think new bugs are first introduced in developer
mailing list before they are committed?

> [... and so on ...]
> In any case if Lazarus developers feel that this approach has proved to be
> the best over the years then they are entitled to continue as is.

Yes.
To everybody: He is wasting everybody's time. Don't feed him.

Juha