[Lazarus] Is there a separate mailing list for Lazarus developers?

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Jan 7 15:27:26 CET 2014

On 07/01/2014 09:12, Lukasz Sokol wrote:
> On 06/01/14 22:33, Juha Manninen wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 7:17 PM, Lukasz Sokol <el.es.cr at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Only PR is almost missing. Linux kernel and other major commercially
>> backed projects get much more publicity.
> And here...
>> Any mailing lists don't help with PR though.
> ...well here I disagree - go see [briefly] https://lwn.net -
> I volunteer(ed) to at least fwd the press releases of FPC/Lazarus to LWN,

Well that is what started the whole topic, it was not the private list
per se. It was what was (wrongly) assumed to be see: Project progress
(past, but also future plans), and technical aspects.

We actually have http://lazarus-dev.blogspot.co.uk/
Which started for that very reason
http://lazarus-dev.blogspot.co.uk/2007/08/lets-start-blogging.html

But we (the core developers) do not seem to be very active bloggers. So
there is very infrequent content.

So what is needed are authors for that kind of stuff.

Someone who looks at the next release page, and picks interesting
features, and writes about. If added info is needed, I am sure it will
be available if questions are asked.
Or particular interesting bugs.

There just was one, that probably has the characteristics needed. And it
was discussed on the public list: "Alpha transparency on GTK2 widgetset"
The discussion points out the root issues which are in gtk2 itself
(difference between drawable and bixpuf)

I admit, occasionally such a mail (which is of interest to all), gets
hidden on the dev private list. (but it makes a small fraction of the
lists traffic only). Speaking for me, I will try to put attention to my
own posting behaviour, and should I post something of the like, I will
consider which list more carefully.