[Lazarus] Optimize DBGrid speed

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Jan 8 11:20:55 CET 2014

On 08/01/2014 08:39, Petr Kristan wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 06, 2014 at 03:21:56PM +0200, Juha Manninen wrote:
>> The choices are this list or private mails with Jesus (jesusrmx at gmail.com).
>> It depends on how interesting the discussion is for other people.
>> (See the related thread about private communication :)
>>
>> You should send a private mail in any case because he may not notice this.
> I tried it, but no response till now.
>
> Then I try try send another question about grid speed opt. here.

You may have to give it a few days.

A lot of the code in Lazarus has a dedicated maintainer (SVN may
sometimes give a clue). In which case other developers may hold back.
Any individual developer may be busy (e.g his normal work) and only
catch up once a week or fortnight. Or even be on a holiday.

Also since dbgrid (probably ( I did not check)) inherits from normal
grids in LCL: Is your work in the dbgrid unit *only* or does it affect
also (mostly?) LCL in general?
Depending on that you may look at talking to a different developer.

Also maybe if you start pointing out what you know, on want to ask, or
where you think you want to make (which) changes, then maybe other
developers can decide if it falls into there expertise.