[Lazarus] Fwd: newbie

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Jan 10 23:10:48 CET 2014

On Fri, 10 Jan 2014 22:49:53 +0100
duilio foschi <octopushole at gmail.com> wrote:

>[...]
> type to Lazarus package (*.lpk), locate and open GR32_DSGN_L.dpk
>[...]
> Only at the last step, when Lazarus compiles itself, I get the
> following error message:
> ..\ideintf\objectinspector.pp(47,3) Fatal: Can't find unit
> ComponentTreeView used by ObjectInspector
>
> A screenshot with the error message was uploaded at
> http://it.tinypic.com/r/v4s76w/5

The screenshot shows that componenttreeview.ppu was found, but the
compiler thinks it needs to be recompiled.

> I searched for file
> ComponentTreeView.pas

Wrong track. The compiler has already compiled this source to a ppu
file. The problem is that it wants to compile it again, which it
should not.

Please compile the IDE with the compiler verbosity options "-vut", which
you can add to the IDE build options (Tools / Configure build Lazarus
options).
This gives lot of output, so you better start the IDE with command
line parameter "--debug-log=log.txt".

Mattias