[Lazarus] FPC and Lazarus trunk

FreeMan freeman35 at delphiturkiye.com
Sun Jan 12 10:42:51 CET 2014

I had same problem, but after one more update to:
fpc svn update 26427
lazarus svn update 43710
Kubuntu 13.10 x64
I don't know how and why but Now IDE builded,
projects and components are compiled. My project builded and running.
But, I installed rxgrid, when click on objectinspecter for create event,
open rxgrid.pas and this message popup

"Unable to create new method. Please fix the error shown in the message
window, which is normally below the source editor. "

and message window has this error:
/home/lazarus/components/rx/rxdbgrid.pas(832,62) Error: unit not found:
variants

another test:
open new project, add "variants" on uses of unit (code complied works
here) then dblclick on OnActivate property on Objectinsp. created event
in editor. Then dblclick on "OnChangeBounds" event property, editor
create headers too, but, message windows has this error. but project
compiling and running, this is very strange
unit1.pas(8,75) Error: unit not found: variants

another test:
when first try code complied (form uses has variants), this error accur
and code complied not work.

another test:
/opt/freepascal/2.7.1/packages/rtl-objpas/src/inc
this folder not in search path,
easy test, add any pp file (from this folder convutil.pp, dateutil.pp,
variants.pp etc ) to form's uses and try ctrl + left click, not
underline and not jump to that file.