[Lazarus] Fwd: newbie

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun Jan 12 13:53:21 CET 2014

On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 13:08:43 +0100
duilio foschi <duiliofoschi at euplan.com> wrote:

> Q: can you compile the IDE without the package GR32_dsgn?
> A: I followed the following steps
> http://it.tinypic.com/r/2ytxips/5

When you "install" a package the IDE adds it to its list and will
include the package until you "uninstall" it.

Removing a package from the install list:
Main Menu -> Package -> Install/Uninstall Packages -> Installed

Select GR32_dsgn and click below on "Uninstall selection".
Then click "Save and rebuild the IDE".

>[...]
> This seems to mean that the package GR32_dsgn plays no role with the error ?
>
> Q: Where did you get GR32_dsgn?
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/graphics32/
>
> Q: How did you install Lazarus?  Via the installer from the Lazarus
> page on source forge?
> A: I dont remember. I used
> lazarus-1.0.12-fpc-2.6.2-win32.exe

Yes, that looks like the normal file from source forge.

> Q: What fpc version do you use?
> A: it seems to be v. 2.6.2
> http://it.tinypic.com/r/j5a3js/5

Yes.

> I saved compiler messages into
> http://tinyurl.com/ox7e4nc
> 4MB!

Thanks. And here is the important message:

(COMPONENTTREEVIEW) File C:\lazarus\images\componenttreeview.lrs is
newer than the one used for creating PPU file C:\lazarus\ideintf\units\i386-win32\win32\componenttreeview.ppu
(COMPONENTTREEVIEW) PPU Source: C:\lazarus\images\componenttreeview.lrs
time 2009/12/05 18:56:40 *

The date 2009/12/05 is strange. I don't have a Windows here to check,
but that looks too old. Maybe Martin, the maintainer of the Windows
installer knows how that could happen.

Please try the following:
Menu -> Tools -> Configure Build Lazarus.
In "Clean up" select "Clean all".
Then click at bottom "Build".

Mattias