[Lazarus] Threads and Libraries (dll and so)

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Jan 20 11:01:53 CET 2014

On Mon, 20 Jan 2014, Michael Schnell wrote:

> On 01/17/2014 06:25 PM, Sven Barth wrote:
>>
>> Wouldn't help much, because e.g. Qt does not allow usage of GUI widgets in
>> multiple threads.
>>

> http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/threads.html
>
> I did not thoroughly read this but it seems that QT is thread-aware

If you do read thoroughly, you'll notice:

http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/threads-starting.html

"Note that QCoreApplication::exec() must always be called from the main thread
  (the thread that executes main()), not from a QThread. In GUI applications,
  the main thread is also called the GUI thread because it's the only thread
   that is allowed to perform GUI-related operations."

Confirming what Sven already said.

Michael.