[Lazarus] Threads and Libraries (dll and so)

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Jan 20 11:23:03 CET 2014

On 01/20/2014 11:10 AM, Sven Barth wrote:

> Trust me, I'm currently working with Qt's internals as I've just
> finished the port of Qt to my company's OS, so I know what I'm talking
> about... (and I've already hit an assertion regarding this)

I see.

In fact I already came across applications where starting multiple
independent GUI's would make sense and I did a "proof of concept
project" (using Delphi in Windows) that this started to work (but
certainly would need a lot of tweaking) using a thread and a DLL per GUI
instance.

I had _some_ hope that Lazarus might one day decently support this
feature but of course this very seldom asked for.

Thanks,
-Michael