[Lazarus] Lazarus without FPC plain bin dir in path: resource compiler "fpcres" not found - best solution?

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 13:43:55 CET 2014

On 24/01/2014 13:35, Sven Barth wrote:
> Am 24.01.2014 13:27, schrieb Reinier Olislagers:
>> On 24/01/2014 13:25, Sven Barth wrote:
>> Thanks for the quick reply, Sven!
>>
>>> Downloading and extracting a FPC 2.6.2 Linux installation reveils that
>>> "fpcres" should be located inside the same directory as "fpc" (namely
>>> the "bin" directory). Everything else can be considered a bug (be it in
>>> fpcup, the Makefiles or whereever).
>> Yes, 2.6.x but not trunk (with make install from source). See also
>> Jonas' reply here:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org/msg35672.html
> Then the bug is that "fpc" is not in the "bin" directory and that's what
> Jonas meant.
Interesting...

> The normal installation structure on *nix systems is this:
Thanks.
I suppose I'll have to do a regular manual install (fpcup cheats by
installing in the same tree as the svn sources which is not supported, I
know) and see what goes where.

I'd either have to
- rework fpcup so it exports the sources to a different dir which is IMO
overkill if you want to have a couple of fpc versions
- do something else. I'm now thinking of just symlinking from the arch
dir to the plain bin dir... but I think I'd better sleep over it (a bit
too tired of messing with compiler flags, build tests etc).