[Lazarus] Detecting new connection

Paul Breneman list2010 at BrenemanLabs.com
Fri Jan 31 15:10:50 CET 2014

On 01/31/2014 05:40 AM, Santiago A. wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I have a program on Laptop that when network is active (there is a WIFI,
> ie) must do some tasks (in fact check for updates).
>
> Is there any standard way to do so, without continuously  pooling if it
> can connect to Internet?

Here is a bit I did over ten years ago (please let me know if something
is out-of-date):
How can we programmatically detect if the computer our application is
running on is connected to the Internet?
http://www.brenemanlabs.com/iConnect.htm

One of the great tragedies of life is the murder of a beautiful theory
by a gang of brutal facts.
--Benjamin Franklin