[Lazarus] Where do lazarus apps look for dll's?

Donald Ziesig donald at ziesig.org
Thu Jul 31 23:31:29 CEST 2014

Hi All!

Untill yesterday, I had a lazarus app on Windows that worked fine with
PostgreSQL.  Now it keeps telling me it can't find libpq.dll. I have put
libpq.dll in every directory that was recommend on many websites (e.g.,
in the app directory, in Windows\System32, Windows\SysWOW64, etc.) but I
keep getting the error message when I try to start the app, and in the
IDE when I try to connect the TPConnect component.  I've rebooted every
time I copy the dll just in case.

The pgAdmin III app works fine and sees all the tables and their
contents so Postgres is working properly.

I even re-installed Lazarus (and put the dll in it's directory)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Don Ziesig