[Lazarus] Epiktimer elapsed = negative value

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Jul 7 12:10:02 CEST 2014

On 07/07/2014 11:58 AM, Giuliano Colla wrote:

> The POSIX clock_gettime() function provides a parameter to specify
> which timer should be used. From clock_gettime man page:

With some Linux archs and revisions, this function is available via (low
latency/low overhead) vDSO calls.

Unfortunately there seem to be arch where an "independent" (e.g.
monotonic)  timing clock can't be provided and in fact vDSO seem not to
be "ubiquitous enough" (nor really decently on the enhancement agenda of
the Linux Kernel Team) for trying to use it with a would-be multi-arch
library (i.e. any commonly usable library for fpc/Lazarus).

I did some successful experiments with vDSO in fpc, hoping to be able to
improve EpikTimer, but gave up due to the said facts.

-Michael